The SD-YD250 automatic bread maker from Panasonic is best suited for homemakers with large families who love bread, cake, and other pastries. It’s also a good appliance to have for budding bakers and entrepreneurs who may have a few orders every week.
The Panasonic SD-RD250 is another bread machine that suits big families as it can make a large (2 pound ) loaf of bread. But it can also work well for singles who don’t want to throw away unconsumed bread as the unit can make a 1 pound loaf.
The SD-BMT100T can make a tall, one pound loaf of bread. It is thus good enough for singles and small families who love bread and other baked goodies. It’s also good enough for budding bakers who want their family members or friends to enjoy a sample of their creations.
What makes the BMT1000-T a hit among those who own or have actually used it? Here are some of its strengths:
- Timer delay function. If you’re a busy person and you prefer that the bread is made later in the day or even the next morning, you can set its timer delay to 13 hours in advance. You can also wait an hour or so at the earliest because this bread maker can bake a loaf in as short as 60 minutes.
- It’s very versatile, as you can turn to it in making bread, pizza dough, dinner roll, pan do mi and baguette. You can even produce mocha and udon noodles with this highly versatile kitchen appliance.
- There are 34—yes, 34!—settings to choose from. You can choose the chewiness of your food, from glutinous to fluffy. Try the marble bread setting that distributes swirls of color throughout the baked good for a marbling effect.
- It is very stylish, as its exterior comes in purple and brown combination. This unit will really stand out anywhere you put it.
However, there are many things, too, that may irritate you about this bread machine such as:
- The machine is exported from Japan, so the instructional manual and even the LCD’s language is in Japanese. This makes the machine difficult to operate, especially if you’re a newbie baker.
Other clever users or owners have tried to remedy this problem by using Google Translate to translate the user manual to English. However, they say that the manual is too big for Google Translate to process.
If you go to YouTube to get info on how to operate this machine, you will also be left frustrated as almost all videos are in Japanese, too.
Thus, you may be forced to find someone who can understand the language. If not, you can do a trial and error then label the buttons after you figure out what they mean/stand for.
However, you can also go to Panasonic’s HK website. In the search box, enter the unit’s model number and you’ll find the operating instructions under ‘support.’ The file is in PDF version and more importantly, in English.
- It doesn’t make a horizontal bread.
- There’s no viewing window
- It’s pretty expensive for a Panasonic bread machine.
There should be no problem finding a Panasonic bread machine if you are in the United States. Most of the top retail and appliance stores have Panasonic bread machines on its shelves. These include Walmart and Macys.
If you can’t find a store near you that sells these Panasonic bread makers, then you can go online and visit online stores most notably Amazon.com. You can even read users reviews on the Panasonic bread makers that you are interested in.